Spanish Crown

  • Posted on July 22, 2014 at 11:42 am

The Spanish language, also called Castilian language, has had a boom in Colombia. It is the only official language in the Republic of Colombia, although some indigenous groups still retain their dialects; a disfigured English is spoken in San Andres y Providencia. RELIGION: According to the Constitution, Colombia policy, there is freedom of worship, to prevail in a 96.6% Catholic; the rest (3.4%) is divided between religions as: Adventist, Evangelist, Jehovah’s witnesses, Mormons and others. Some tribes still preserve their beliefs and customs. DEMOGRAPHICS: The Colombian man has three main roots: Aboriginal, whose individuals were the owners of the soil when you started the conquest; Black, who comes from African imports, which were intended to increase the performance, especially the gold mines that both interested to the Spanish Crown and finally white, who was the Spanish arrived from Europe in order to get the riches that sobreabundaban Colombian lands. With the passage of time these races mixed originating the mongrel race that is the territory that currently puebla.

Anthropological studies give the following percentages that are conserved of these groups: white 20%, 5% black and 1% Indians; the Union between the Indian and the white arose the mestizo with a 57%; comes from the union of Indian and Black Sambo by 3% and black with white comes in a 14% mulatto. The majority of the population is located in the interior of the three cordilleras slope, in the valleys Andean valleys and on the Caribbean coast, since these places offer the best prospects for life and work for the inhabitants. Orinoquia, Amazonia and the Pacific are home to approximately 3% of the population, while the remaining 97% is located in the main cities of the departments. Of agreement with the estimates for the year of 2003 the Colombian population is 44,000,000 inhabitants, distributed in municipal capitals and other municipalities; the urban population experienced a continuous growth in comparison with the population of previous years, because of migrations which are presented periodically, a greater number of women in these sites and one less than men in rural areas.

Comments are closed.